Create your own 3rd Person action adventure game with Blueprints and Unreal 5’s new features!
Make the 3rd person action adventure game you’ve always wanted too!
All using the latest tools in Unreal 5.1, including MetaHumans, Quixel Bridge, Nanite and Lumen.
You’ll create a great looking game using Unreal’s latest and greatest features, such as creating a character using MetaHumans, using Quixel Bridge for assets and Lumen and Nanite to make the game visually stunning.
You’ll use Unreal Blueprints visual scripting to create every aspect of your very own 3rd Person action adventure game. We’ll teach you how to use raycasting to shoot weapons and deal damage to enemies, how to trigger events, move objects, create hazards and other important action adventure mechanics.
By the end of the course you’ll have your own playable level, complete with hazards, obstacles, pickups and interactables.
What you’ll learn
- Use Unreal Blueprints visual scripting to create every aspect of your very own 3rd Person action adventure game.
- Create your own playable level, complete with hazards, obstacles, pickups and interactables.
- Learn how to trigger events, move objects, create hazards and other important action adventure mechanics.
- Use the latest Unreal 5.1 tools including creating a character using MetaHumans, using Quixel Bridge for assets and Lumen & Nanite to make the game look great!
- Add raycasting to shoot weapons and deal damage to enemies.
- Create 3rd person shooting combat mechanics with enemy AI.
- You’ll make the 3rd person action adventure game you’ve always wanted to make.
- Use Unreal’s Blueprint system to improve your programming skills without needing to use C++.
- Solve interesting challenges to test your understanding of what you’ve learnt.
- Be part of an amazing and supportive community of people similar to you.
Table of Contents
Introduction & Setup
1 Welcome To The Course
2 Installing Unreal Engine
3 Installing Unreal Engine 5 on Linux
4 Setting Up Our Project
5 Community & Support
6 Accessing Our Projects
7 Importing Quixel Megascans
8 Creating MetaHumans
9 Setting Up MetaHumans
Movement & Physics
10 Section Intro – Movement & Physics
11 Physics Objects
12 Collectible Coins
13 Making Our Character Walk
14 Making Our Character Crouch
15 Crouching While Walking
16 Adding A Loss Condition
17 Adding Stairs and Bridges
Pickups & Interactables
18 Section Intro – Pickups & Interactables
19 Creating A Torch
20 Creating Our Torch Pickup
21 Picking Up Our Torch
22 Creating Web Of Obstacles
Basic Enemy AI
23 Section Intro – Basic Enemy AI
24 Setting Up Our Enemy Blueprint
25 AI Pathfinding
26 Chasing Our Player
27 Creating A Distraction
28 Throwing and Detection
Weapons & Shooting
29 Section Intro – Weapons & Shooting
30 Creating A Weapon
31 Picking Up Our Weapon
32 Updating Our Animations
33 Aiming Down Sight
34 Linecasting and Firing Our Weapon
HP & Destruction
35 Applying Impulses
36 Setting Up HP
37 Destroying Planks
38 Shooting Enemies
39 Creating Explosive Barrels
40 Setting up Destructible Meshes