Get a rapid introduction to Tailwind, the utility-first CSS framework, and start building sites with it today!
For many years, component-based frameworks, like Bootstrap, were the de facto standard for building websites quickly and easily. But all this magic comes with a price. Without serious customization, sites built with such frameworks look similar to each other. And customization is a real pain in the neck for anyone who wants to build something more complex or creative. Component-based styles are easy to implement, but inflexible and confined to certain boundaries. Solving specificity issues while trying to override the default styles of a particular framework isn’t a fun and productive job. Tailwind is a utility-first framework that is built with low-level functionality in mind. As you’ll see in this book, utility classes offer much more power and flexibility than component classes. You’ll learn
- Component vs utility classes, and the pros and cons of each
- Tailwind basics (layout, typography, responsive web design, colors, and more)
- Creating your own Tailwind components
- Building complex and flexible layouts with Tailwind’s Grid utilities
- Customizing Tailwind
- Working with Tailwind plugins
- And much more!