With the advancement of computer technology, the software market is exploding with tons of software choices for the user, making their expectations higher in terms of functionality and the look and feel of the application. Therefore, improving the visual quality of your application is vital in order to overcome the market competition and stand out from the crowd.
This book will teach you how to develop functional and appealing software using Qt5 through multiple projects that are interesting and fun. This book covers a variety of topics such as look-and-feel customization, GUI animation, graphics rendering, implementing Google Maps, and more. You will learn tons of useful information, and enjoy the process of working on the creative projects provided in this book.
What you will learn
- Customize the look and feel of your application using the widget editor provided by Qt5
- Change the states of the GUI elements to make them appear in a different form
- Animating the GUI elements using the built-in animation system provided by Qt5
- Draw shapes and 2D images in your application using Qt5’s powerful rendering system
- Draw 3D graphics in your application by implementing OpenGL, an industry-standard graphical library to your project
- Build a mobile app that supports touch events and export it to your device
- Parse and extract data from an XML file, then present it on your software’s GUI
- Access to MySQL and SQLite databases to retrieve data and display it on your software’s GUI