Autodesk Maya is a 3D computer graphics software. It offers a vast and flexible set of features utilizing Python. It is not difficult to get started using Python in Autodesk Maya, but it can be difficult to go from writing procedural, MEL-inspired tools to building the powerful yet simple systems that Python promises.
Practical Maya Programming with Python will help you master both Python and Maya. With thorough explanations, illustrative examples, and complete sample projects, you will learn how to use Python to charm Maya into obeying your every command. Practical Maya Programming with Python will teach you how PyMEL works as well as how to deal with errors and write composable code in Python.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the architecture of Python objects, Maya nodes, and PyMEL
- Write composable code that is modular and re-usable
- Make Maya “Pythonic” through the use of decorators and context managers
- Learn about different Maya UI options and libraries
- Use PySide and PyQt to build Maya user interfaces
- Turn Maya into a server that can be controlled remotely
- Understand how to use Python with Maya’s API
- Conquer custom nodes using Python’s dynamic type creation