If you’re a PHP developer looking for proven solutions to common problems, this cookbook provides code recipes to help you resolve numerous scenarios. By leveraging modern versions of PHP through version 8.2, these self-contained recipes provide fully realized solutions that can help you solve similar problems in your day-to-day work.
Whether you’re new to development or merely new to PHP, these recipes will help you unpack the most powerful features of this programming language. Author Eric Mann, a regular contributor to php[architect] magazine, frequently makes presentations on software architecture and has built scalable projects for startups and Fortune 500 companies alike.
- Learn the type system of modern PHP
- Build efficient applications composed of functions and objects
- Understand key concepts such as encryption, error handling, debugging, and performance tuning
- Explore the PHP package/extension ecosystem
- Learn how to build basic web and basic command-line applications
- Work securely with files on a machine, both encrypted and in plain text