Security Smarts for the Self-Guided IT Professional
Defend your network against a wide range of existing and emerging threats. Written by a Certified Information Systems Security Professional with more than 20 years of experience in the field, Network Security: A Beginner’s Guide, Third Edition is fully updated to include the latest and most effective security strategies.
You’ll learn about the four basic types of attacks, how hackers exploit them, and how to implement information security services to protect information and systems. Perimeter, monitoring, and encryption technologies are discussed in detail. The book explains how to create and deploy an effective security policy, manage and assess risk, and perform audits. Information security best practices and standards, including ISO/IEC 27002, are covered in this practical resource.
Network Security: A Beginner’s Guide, Third Edition features:
- Lingo–Common security terms defined so that you’re in the know on the job
- IMHO–Frank and relevant opinions based on the author’s years of industry experience
- Budget Note–Tips for getting security technologies and processes into your organization’s budget
- In Actual Practice–Exceptions to the rules of security explained in real-world contexts
- Your Plan–Customizable checklists you can use on the job now
- Into Action–Tips on how, why, and when to apply new skills and techniques at work