A comprehensive guide to creating Drupal themes from scratch, from design to fully styled websites with custom Twig templates and headless architecture
- Explore real-world examples with proven methodologies to gain a deeper insight into the Drupal theme layer
- Learn how to translate a graphic design into a maintainable and robust Drupal theme
- Improve performance and accessibility with a decoupled frontend to consume data exposed by Drupal’s APIs
Working with themes in Drupal can be challenging, given the number of layers and APIs involved. Modernizing Drupal 10 Theme Development helps you explore the new Drupal 10’s theme layer in depth.
By the end of this book, you’ll be able to confidently build custom Drupal themes to deliver state-of-the-art websites and keep ahead of the competition in the modern frontend world.
What you will learn
- Map design systems made by Storybook components to Drupal structures
- Understand and use render arrays and Twig templates
- Get familiarized with the new Single Directory Component feature introduced in Drupal 10.1
- Discover how to style content created with fields and paragraphs
- Define, place, customize, and style blocks
- Explore advanced topics like extending Twig, making a theme configurable, and boosting performance and accessibility
- Find out how to build a decoupled website using json:api and Next.js