Get a clear understanding of the Microsoft 365 platform from concept through to execution to confidently prepare for exam, and benefit from having a handy, on-the-job desktop reference guide
- Practice with exam-style questions based on the latest certification exam syllabus
- Review the security considerations and benefits of adopting different types of cloud services
- Verify your knowledge of key concepts through chapter assessments, insider tips, and practice questions
The MS-900 exam tests your understanding of Microsoft 365 services and components, along with their implementation, security, licensing, and general cloud concepts. This revised third edition helps you gain detailed actionable insights into the topics included in the latest syllabus, covering each topic according to its weight in the exam.
You’ll begin by reviewing key cloud concepts, including cloud computing, services, and development models, and then explore different cloud architectures and learn what Microsoft offers as a service in the form of SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS. As you advance, you’ll get to grips with core Microsoft 365 components as well as the processes and tools used for managing Windows 10, Windows 11, and Microsoft 365 apps. This edition also includes expanded information on the Microsoft Viva Suite, formerly Workplace Analytics. The chapters shed light on security, compliance, privacy, and trust in Microsoft 365, and provide additional guidance regarding the pricing and support offered by Microsoft for different services and apps.
By the end of this MS-900 book, you’ll have gained all the knowledge and skills needed to confidently appear for the exam.
What you will learn
- Gain insight into the exam objectives and knowledge needed to take the MS-900 exam
- Discover and implement best practices for licensing options available in Microsoft 365
- Understand the different Microsoft 365 Defender services
- Prepare to address the most common types of threats against an environment
- Identify and unblock the most common cloud adoption challenges
- Articulate key productivity, collaboration, security, and compliance selling points of M365
- Explore licensing and payment models available for M365