Explore the sysadmin features and architecture of ChromeOS to master its local and cloud-based administrative tools and capabilities
- Get a complete overview of using ChromeOS as a powerful system admin tool
- Get hands-on experience working with Google’s administration platform
- Learn about centralized management of resources as the hallmark of enterprise system administration
Google’s ChromeOS provides a great platform for technicians, system administrators, developers, and casual users alike, providing a seemingly simplistic architecture that is easy enough for a novice user to begin working with. However, beneath the surface, this operating system boasts a plethora of powerful tools, able to rival any other OS on the market. So, learning how to harness the full potential of the OS is critical for you as a technical worker and user to thrive at your workplace. ChromeOS System Administrator’s Guide will help you reap the benefits of all features of ChromeOS.
This book explains ChromeOS unique architecture and its built-in tools that perform essential tasks such as managing user accounts, working with data, and launching applications. As you build your foundational knowledge of the OS, you’ll be exposed to higher-level concepts such as security, command line, and enterprise management.
By the end of this book, you’ll be well-equipped to perform a range of system administration tasks within ChromeOS without requiring an alternative operating system, thereby broadening your options as a technician, system administrator, developer, or engineer.
What you will learn
- Install, update, and configure ChromeOS on standalone devices
- Manage Google’s cloud-based applications and resources effectively
- Implement key networking and security features to protect your architecture from cyber threats
- Understand common troubleshooting and disaster recovery techniques
- Migrate data from other platforms to Google Workspace efficiently
- Perform administrative tasks and run Linux scripts with Chrome Shell
- Manage your enterprise from the Google Workspace Admin Console