Have fun with LEGO BOOST and Scratch programming while building smart robots that can interact with the world around you
- Get up to speed with building your first LEGO BOOST robotic model
- Build interesting robotics prototypes that can perform tasks just like real-life machines
- Discover exciting projects to bring classic LEGO bricks to life using motors and sensors
LEGO BOOST is a feature-rich creative toolbox that helps kids to develop science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) skills in a fun way. The LEGO BOOST kit consists of motors, sensors, and more than 840 LEGO pieces to bring various multifunctional robots to life. This book will take you on an interesting and enjoyable journey where you will have fun building robots while developing your problem-solving and logical thinking skills.
This book is an end-to-end guide that will take you from a beginner to expert level of robot building with LEGO BOOST and Scratch. Starting with the unboxing and a brief introduction to LEGO BOOST, you’ll quickly get your first robotic model up and running. You’ll understand how to use the electronic and non-electronic components and have fun building a range of intriguing robotics projects with increasing complexity and advanced functionality. Throughout the book, you’ll work on a variety of amazing projects, such as building your own R2D2, a fictional character from Star Wars, that will pique your curiosity to learn robotics and help you explore the full potential of the LEGO BOOST kit. Once you’ve had fun working with the projects, you’ll be introduced to an interesting challenge for you to solve by yourself!
By the end of this book, you’ll have gained the skills to build creative robotics projects with the LEGO BOOST creative toolbox, and have built on your logical thinking and problem-solving skills.
What you will learn
- Unbox the LEGO BOOST kit and understand how to get started
- Build simple robots with gears and sensors
- Discover the right parts to assemble your robots
- Program your BOOST robot using the Scratch 3.0 programming language
- Understand complex mechanisms for advanced robots
- Develop engaging and intelligent robots using electronic and non-electronic components
- Create more than 10 complete robotics projects from scratch
- Develop logical thinking and unleash your creativity